Best ever GCSE results at Honiton Community College
School is now one of the most improved in Devon as students become among the highest performing in the country.
STUDENTS at Honiton Community College have achieved their best ever set of GCSE grades. Their achievements place them in the government’s highest performing category for schools nationally, in terms of value added success, and makes the college one of the most improved schools in Devon.
College principal Glenn Smith said: “The performance of our students puts us in the top 25 per cent of schools nationally and within the top 5 per cent of Devon schools, and I am very proud of them.”
Fifty-eight per cent of the year group achieved five or more A* to C grades, including English and mathematics, and 68 per cent achieved five or more A* to C grades. Seventy per cent of the students achieved C+ in English, 66 per cent in mathematics and 64 per cent in science. Noticeable grades were achieved by David Young, Jess Doe, Annabel Frost and Beth Hutchinson.
Mr Smith went on to say he was thoroughly delighted with the results.
Data shows that Honiton Community College adds real value to the education of its students.
Mr Smith said: “We set ambitious and aspirational targets for all our students and we have achieved them for the 2010 Year group.
- 1 Judi Spiers re-dedicates Pecorama train Jimmy
- 2 The day a fallen scarecrow was mistaken for a dead body
- 3 Man attacks seagull with cricket bat in Lyme Regis
- 4 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
- 5 Honiton councillor finalist for young civic awards
- 6 Review: Confusions, by Colyton Theatre Group
- 7 Exmouth nurse doing charity wing-walk this Sunday
- 8 Will people talk in 40 years about the 2022 heatwave like we talk about 1976?
- 9 Three people injured in paragliding accident at Lyme
- 10 Man released on bail after Dunkeswell accident
“We are a comprehensive school that believes we should assist students of all academic abilities and provide the necessary resources so that they can all maximise their potential. We really believe in our “Success for All” mission statement.
“The A*-C figure has risen 16 per cent on last year, but we will not become complacent for one second. The best schools and their staff are never satisfied and constantly motivate students and teachers alike to build on previous accomplishments.”
Mr Smith added: “The staff have really gone above and beyond this year to support our students in their studies. I would like to thank them for their continued hard work and dedication.
“I believe Honiton Community College is a wonderful place to work and study, and the really exciting fact is the best is yet to come!”