Bids invited to help keep Lyme lifeboat crew afloat
Time is running out to take part in the RNLI auction - with four big prizes up for grabs
TIME is running out to put in a bid for one of four special prizes being auctioned by Lyme Regis RNLI.
The lots have been donated to the lifeboat team towards their �10,000 appeal to buy new lifejackets.
But the closing date for sealed bids is noon next Wednesday (February 29) – and they need to be delivered or posted to the Hunters Lodge pub or the lifeboat station by noon on that day.
On offer are:
You may also want to watch:
* A �200 voucher towards any holiday booked with Your World, Lyme Regis
* A round of golf for four people on the championship course at Dartmouth Golf and Country Club including two buggies and a �40 voucher for lunch, donated by M J Baker Food Service.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 10 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
* Two tickets for the Exeter Chiefs rugby match against Sale Sharks on Saturday (March 3) sponsored by Otter Brewery and the Nag’s Head.
* A signed copy of Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s latest book, River Cottage Veg Every Day.
Bids, including a phone number, can be delivered to the Hunter’s Lodge Inn, or the RNLI lifeboat station, at The Cobb.
Bids, including a phone number, can be posted or delivered to the Hunter’s Lodge Inn, Charmouth Road, Axminster, EX13 5SZ or the RNLI lifeboat station, The Cobb, Lyme Regis, DT7 3JJ.
Bids will be opened on the closing date, which has been extended to 12noon,Wedmesday February 29). Successful bidders will be contacted by phone.
The auction is being organised by crew member Neville Causley, 01297 33286.