Bids invited to help keep Lyme lifeboat crew afloat
Time is running out to take part in the RNLI auction - with four big prizes up for grabs
TIME is running out to put in a bid for one of four special prizes being auctioned by Lyme Regis RNLI.
The lots have been donated to the lifeboat team towards their �10,000 appeal to buy new lifejackets.
But the closing date for sealed bids is noon next Wednesday (February 29) – and they need to be delivered or posted to the Hunters Lodge pub or the lifeboat station by noon on that day.
On offer are:
* A �200 voucher towards any holiday booked with Your World, Lyme Regis
* A round of golf for four people on the championship course at Dartmouth Golf and Country Club including two buggies and a �40 voucher for lunch, donated by M J Baker Food Service.
- 1 Full steam ahead for Honiton Hill Rally on bank holiday weekend
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 Tourist blamed satnav for sending him wrong way up A303 dual carriageway
- 4 New artist drawing his way around Seaton
- 5 Organisers aren't 'sheepish' about this upcoming Axe Valley event
- 6 Repair work on flood damage begins at Axminster bowling club
- 7 Nine-year-old launches fundraising appeal to spruce up RD&E's kids ward
- 8 Caravan left 'severely damaged' by fire on A35
- 9 Aldi seeking approval for extension of former Coop site
- 10 Outdoor fire in Lyme Regis
* Two tickets for the Exeter Chiefs rugby match against Sale Sharks on Saturday (March 3) sponsored by Otter Brewery and the Nag’s Head.
* A signed copy of Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s latest book, River Cottage Veg Every Day.
Bids, including a phone number, can be delivered to the Hunter’s Lodge Inn, or the RNLI lifeboat station, at The Cobb.
Bids, including a phone number, can be posted or delivered to the Hunter’s Lodge Inn, Charmouth Road, Axminster, EX13 5SZ or the RNLI lifeboat station, The Cobb, Lyme Regis, DT7 3JJ.
Bids will be opened on the closing date, which has been extended to 12noon,Wedmesday February 29). Successful bidders will be contacted by phone.
The auction is being organised by crew member Neville Causley, 01297 33286.