Big bike ride in Honiton for Devon Air Ambulance Trust
- Credit: Archant
The event, known as ‘the bike ride supporting Devon Air Ambulance Trust’, will start and finish in Weston on Saturday, April 30.
A mammoth bike ride, which raised more than £3,000 for Devon Air Ambulance Trust (DAAT) last year, is set for a return this month.
The event, known as ‘The Bike Ride Supporting Devon Air Ambulance Trust, will start and finish in Weston on Saturday, April 30.
The ride is in its 17th year and, since starting, has netted more than £37,000 for the trust, which relies heavily on donations for its air ambulances to operate.
Adrian Phillips, a member of the family which organises the bike ride, said: “We would like to raise £4,000 for the trust this year. We are hoping the weather is going to be on our side.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a lot of people who took part last year, and we would love to see more turn up on the bank holiday weekend.”
The 27-mile ride, which will have seven stops, starts at the Otter Inn in Weston, which is just outside Honiton.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 10 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
Participants should sign in from 9am and be ready for a 10am start.
Fancy dress is optional on the day, with a trophy prize for best outfit. Participates are also reminded to wear a helmet.
To enter on the day, people must donate a minimum of £10, but for those who
want to raise more, sponsorship forms and more information is available from Adrian or Julie on 01404 44523.
Adrian, of Millstream Taxis, Honiton, added: “I would like to say a big thank you to our sponsors – Heathpark Commercials, Cycle Honiton, Blamphayne Sawmills, AG Signs and Print, To An Fro Car And Van Hire and South West Highways.
“If it wasn’t for their support, we would not be able to do this every year.”