Big Lunch enjoyed in Honiton
Although the weather was not in our favour for the Big Lunch on Sunday, June 3, we did manage a fun few hours at the Allhallows field with the help of the following:
Thank you to the rugby club for opening their doors and allowing the people of Honiton to use their facilities. Thank you to our town crier for overseeing the event. Thank you to the mayor, David Foster, and his family for attending and joining in the fun of the day. A very big thank you to the Honiton Twirlstars and their organisers for saving the day with their many dance routines, enjoyed by all.
Thank you, Mr John Capon, of Otter Windows, sponsor of the Twirlstars, for the use of his sound system which enabled us to keep the music going all day.
We hope all who supported Honiton at the Big Lunch enjoyed themselves as much as we did. Thank you.
Daphne Courtney and Di Hawkins
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 4 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 5 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 6 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 7 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 8 Sidmouth and Ottery hockey stung by Hornets
- 9 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes