Big support for Christian Aid Week in Honiton
Donations totalled �2,961.79.
Generous support from Honiton residents saw volunteers collect a total of �2,961.79 during Christian Aid Week.
“Thank you so much to everyone who supported us during the week by collecting and by donating time and money,” said a spokesperson for the charity’s Honiton committee.
Most of the money was raised by house-to-house collections in Honiton and surrounding villages.
The theme of this year’s week was “Let us give the tools to help people in poverty out of poverty”.
The spokesperson added: “Christian Aid works through local partners on the ground in many parts of the world, encouraging people ravaged by war and poverty to find ways of developing farming methods and community spirit.
“We are very grateful for your generous support to help further this work.”
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 3 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 4 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 5 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 6 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 7 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 8 Internal bowls battle in national competition
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown