Big support for Christian Aid Week in Honiton
Donations totalled �2,961.79.
Generous support from Honiton residents saw volunteers collect a total of �2,961.79 during Christian Aid Week.
“Thank you so much to everyone who supported us during the week by collecting and by donating time and money,” said a spokesperson for the charity’s Honiton committee.
Most of the money was raised by house-to-house collections in Honiton and surrounding villages.
The theme of this year’s week was “Let us give the tools to help people in poverty out of poverty”.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesperson added: “Christian Aid works through local partners on the ground in many parts of the world, encouraging people ravaged by war and poverty to find ways of developing farming methods and community spirit.
“We are very grateful for your generous support to help further this work.”
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust