Big turnout expected for Seaton carnival procession
- Credit: Archant
Forty-seven floats will take part in Saturday’s big parade along with walking entries, bands and majorettes
Thousands are expected to line the streets of Seaton on Saturday as carnival week reaches its climax with the grand parade.
Some 47 illuminated floats along with many walking entries and majorettes will take part in the colourful procession which sets off from Trevelyan Road at 8pm.
The parade will be led by the acclaimed Romsey Old Cadets Carnival Showband supported by the local Sunshine Samba Band.
On board this year’s royal float will be Queen Kayleigh Langworthy, 14, and Princesses Hayley Jones, 12, and Mariella Bradley, nine.
You may also want to watch:
The procession route is Harbour Road, The Undefleet, Fore Street, Marine Place, finishing on The Esplanade.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 The US Open: part two
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax