Big turnout for neighbourhood plan launch
- Credit: Archant
More than 150 attend the public exhibition at Axminster Guildhall
Axminster’s neighbourhood plan was officially launched at a well-attended public exhibition in The Guildhall on Thursday.
Around 150 residents went along to help draw up a blueprint for the town’s development over the next 15 years.
The exhibition also included displays from Axminster Tourist Information Centre and Axminster Chamber of Trade and Industry.
The launch was put together by members of Axminster Community Enterprise (ACE) who will be producing the Neighbourhood Plan on behalf of Axminster Town Council. Members of the steering group were present at the launch to answer questions from the public.
You may also want to watch:
The launch was also attended by representatives from Bovis Homes who are currently building at Cloakham Lawns, Persimmon Homes who are promoting the Millbrook Valley development through the Local Plan process and Graham Barton, who is the agent for the Websters Garage regeneration.
Questionnaires for Axminster residents can be picked up from the Guildhall, Axminster TIC or the Library. There will also be questionnaires for Business Organisations which can be collected from Axminster Guildhall.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 9 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
ACE chairman Andrew Moulding added: “We particularly hope that self-employed people, working from home, can respond to the Business Organisations’ questionnaire.”