Biker hurt in Axminster crash
- Credit: Archant
Motorcyclist in collision with a van on A3052 Chard Road suffers knee injury
A motorcyclist suffered an injured leg after a road traffic accident at Axminster on Sunday (March 17).
The bike was seriously damaged in the collision with a van at the Chard Road (A3052) junction with First Avenue, on the Millwey Rise housing estate at around 10.30am.
Police officers and an ambulance crew were called to the crash scene and the road was closed for around four hours.
The motorcyclist, who was a man in his 20s from Chard, in Somerset, is said to have sustained a knee injury.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken by the ambulance to The Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, in Exeter, for treatment. His injuries are not thought to be serious, however.
The main road between Axminster and Chard was re-opened by traffic officers at around 3.15pm.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Picture I Harrington, Axminster.