Bird hide fire in Seaton
Floor damaged during blaze.
A bird hide at a nature reserve in Seaton has been damaged during a fire.
One fire engine from the resort responded to reports of the fire at 9.55am today (Thursday) with Commander Jameson in charge.
Firefighters used to breathing apparatus and one hose reel to extinguish the fire.
Police also attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman from Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “The fire caused one metre square of damage to the floor of the bird hide.”
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 6 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 9 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis