Bird hide fire in Seaton
Floor damaged during blaze.
A bird hide at a nature reserve in Seaton has been damaged during a fire.
One fire engine from the resort responded to reports of the fire at 9.55am today (Thursday) with Commander Jameson in charge.
Firefighters used to breathing apparatus and one hose reel to extinguish the fire.
Police also attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman from Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “The fire caused one metre square of damage to the floor of the bird hide.”
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 5 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Axminster bowlers travel to Seaton for a challenging fixture
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Couple support hospital that cared for tragic grandson
- 10 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness