Chinese restaurant in Honiton offering meals on the house to NHS workers battling Covid-19 pandemic
- Credit: Archant
A Honiton restaurant has received glowing praise from the community after pledging to give NHS workers a meal on the house.
Chinese eaterie Bird’s Nest, in High Street, is offering box set meals free for medical workers who are assisting people in the ongoing wake of the Covid-19, pandemic.
The restaurant said: “We would offer favourites dish’s for the NHS staff each day.
“Thank you for hard work and commitment.”
The offer is limited to one box per person, per week.
You may also want to watch:
NHS workers must bring identification to apply for the giveaway offer.
The country is in lockdown amid growing concerns about the spread of coronavirus.
- 1 New groups bid to become meadow makers
- 2 D-day looms for Beautiful Days festival
- 3 Surprise funding boost for animal sanctuary
- 4 Town's army of volunteers bid to support carers in lockdown
- 5 Freya's big cut raises hundreds for children's charity
- 6 Ollie becomes town councillor at the age of 18
- 7 Road safety improvements on A35 move step closer
- 8 Pioneering charity in drive for funds to buy electric vehicle
- 9 What next for local football leagues?
- 10 High tech skills training at former Flybe centre shows how Devon is preparing for life after the pandemic
Prime Minister Boris Johnson recently announced a new set of restrictions on people leaving their homes and has ordered shops to close in a bid to slow the spread of the coronavirus.
So far, more than 400 people in the UK have died from Covid-19.