Blitz and Peaces entertain in Honiton
Wonderful treat for members of Honiton Memory Cafe
War-time entertainers Blitz and Peaces brought a touch of nostalgia to Honiton today (Thursday).
The musicians performed a wide variety of old-time songs to a captivated audience at Honiton Memory Cafe.
Arthur Cook, Lesley Schlaefli, Jane Hindle and Paul Boe Ree wore authentic war-time costumes throughout and ensured plenty of laughs were to be had by all.
The sing-a-long sessions were very popular, remembering songs from the homefront.
You may also want to watch:
Dora Hargreaves, a volunteer at the cafe, is a former WREN and she showed off her former service cap which was a real treat for everyone who knows her.
Full story in next week’s Midweek Herald.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
Photos: Belinda Bennett