Blitz and Peaces entertain in Honiton
Wonderful treat for members of Honiton Memory Cafe
War-time entertainers Blitz and Peaces brought a touch of nostalgia to Honiton today (Thursday).
The musicians performed a wide variety of old-time songs to a captivated audience at Honiton Memory Cafe.
Arthur Cook, Lesley Schlaefli, Jane Hindle and Paul Boe Ree wore authentic war-time costumes throughout and ensured plenty of laughs were to be had by all.
The sing-a-long sessions were very popular, remembering songs from the homefront.
Dora Hargreaves, a volunteer at the cafe, is a former WREN and she showed off her former service cap which was a real treat for everyone who knows her.
Full story in next week’s Midweek Herald.
- 1 River Cottage Kitchen now open again at out-of-town HQ
- 2 Pub of the year Axminster Inn crowned
- 3 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 6 Honiton author release new sci-fi drama book
- 7 Why are we constantly waiting?
- 8 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 9 Giving the Monarchy a bad name...
- 10 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
Photos: Belinda Bennett