Bloom Bloom! Basil helps raise funds for church flowers
Coffe morning and sale held to finance next year’s Axminster Church flower festival
FUND raising is already under way to finance next year’s flower festival at Axminster Parish Church.
It costs around �1,000 to buy the blooms for the event, which is held in the Minster every two years.
Today (Thursday) the task of raising the money continued with a coffee morning and sale at the Church Rooms, which attracted a steady flow of visitors.
The raffle stall, manned by former Mayor Michael Steer, did especially good business with prizes including bottles and a cuddly Basil Brush.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Joan Davies said a theme for the 2013 festival had yet to be decided. Last year’s successful event was based on “Composers past and present”.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 9 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
- 10 Cranbrook prevail in local derby