Body found on coast near Charmouth
- Credit: Archant
Police believe it is that of missing Crewkerne man Kevin Norminton
Police officers searching for missing Kevin Norminton along the West Dorset coast have discovered a body.
The discovery was made at around 6pm yesterday (Thursday, May 10) by specialist search teams below cliffs near to Thorncombe Beacon between Lyme Regis and West Bay.
The crew of the Lyme Regis RNLI Lfieboat were also involved in the hunt.
Kevin, aged 43 and of Crewkerne in Somerset, was last seen on the morning of Tuesday May 8 when he left his home address.
You may also want to watch:
Chief Inspector Rob Chalkley, of Dorset Police, said: “Although the body has yet to be formally identified, we believe it to be that of Kevin.
“His family have been updated of the discovery and are being supported by officers at this extremely difficult time.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
“We do not believe there are any suspicious circumstances surrounding the death.”