Body identified as missing Chard man
- Credit: Archant
Police confirm that a body found in the River Axe was that of ‘vulnerable’ Ian Rowley, 58
Police confirmed today that the body of a man found in the River Axe on Friday (February 3) is that of missing Chard man Ian Rowley.
A major search was launched when the ‘vulnerable’ 58-year-old failed to turn up for work last Thursday morning.
His car was later found in the South Chard area, near to the railway crossing.
Police dogs, mounted officers and officers from Devon and Cornwall and Dorset forces, plus the police helicopter, were involved in the extensive search for Mr Rowley.
You may also want to watch:
Police said today that the body found in the River Axe on Friday morning has now been formally identified as that of Mr Rowley.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone