Body of woman, 72, found at Seaton beach
Police appeal for witnesses after missing care home resident is found dead in the sea
THE body of a 72 year old woman who went missing from a Seaton care home has been found at the beach.
The woman’s disappearance was reported at 7.20am this morning (Friday) and a search was quickly underway.
Around an hour later a body was found in the sea, close to the shore.
The beach was quickly closed and the body was confirmed to be deceased and to be that of the missing person.
You may also want to watch:
Next of kin has been informed and police are continuing to make enquiries.
A spokesman said: “At this time there are no suspicious circumstances. If anyone recalls seeing an elderly woman on the beach in Seaton early this morning, please call 101 quoting police reference 112 of 4 November 2011.”
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people
- 9 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track