Bonfire night warning
Tips to stay safe.
East Devon residents are being reminded to be safe not sorry this bonfire night.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service is urging people to take simple precautions that could prevent a bonfire sparking out of control and have issued some useful tips.
A fire can easily spread so ensure that a bonfire is away from houses, garages, sheds, fences, overhead cables, trees, shrubs and fireworks.
Before lighting the fire ensure that no pets or young children are hiding inside.
You may also want to watch:
Build the stack so it is stable and will not collapse or fall to oneside.
Never user flammable liquids such as paraffin or petrol to light the fire.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
Do not burn foam-filled furniture, aerosols, tins of paint or bottles.
Keep buckets of water or a garden hose nearby in case of an emergency.
Pour water onto the embers of the bonfire before leaving.