Local groups share in Axmouth Show profits
- Credit: Archant
More than £1,000 is given away to help local good causes
Another successful Axmouth Village Show has enabled organisers to make donations of more than £1,000 to local causes.
Members of the committee presented a cheque for £500 to Graham Mather, chairman of the village hall committee towards repairs to the building which was recently reopened.
A similar amount was given to Sam Miller to help pay for the maintenance of the village playground.
Profits from last year’s show also enable the group to give £66 to Janet Stansfield to help maintain the village defibrillator and £33.93 to John Crowe towards plant maintenance for the little boat - Harwood – planted with flowers at Coronation Corner on the entrance to the village.
You may also want to watch:
Plans are now well under way for our 2019 village show to be held on Saturday July 27.
A fundraising Spring plant sale, raffle and coffee morning is being held on Monday 6th May 6 at the Village Hall from 10am until 12 noon. Plants beans, flowers, herb, lots of cakes and delicious coffee available.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon