Bouquets all round for Seaton bloom winners
- Credit: Archant
Residents praised for a bumper crop of colourful floral displays
A bumper entry in this year’s Seaton in Bloom contest brought praise from organisers last week.
Residents were congratulated for turning the resort into a floral delight, adding a welcoming splash of colour to both residential and commercial areas.
Town councillor Val Christmas said that the number of contestants was up on last year and she congratulated all those who had taken part.
She was speaking at the annual presentation of awards at the Eyre Court Hotel.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Christmas also stressed what a pleasure it had been for the judges to see so many well-tended corners of the town. She said the standard of the entries had made it very difficult for them to decide the winners from all the ‘lovely gardens and communal areas’.
Seaton Town Mayor, Cllr Gaynor Sedgwick, went along to present the certificates and cups to the winners who competed in the five categories. Later all those present at the ceremony enjoyed an excellent buffet.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 7 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 8 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
The winners were:
Best Small Front Garden: 1, Colin Donelan, of 13 St Gregory’s Court; 2, Mr and Mrs J Spiller, of 1 Whitecliff; 3, Mr and Mrs Stone, of 36 Harepath Road.
Best Medium Front Garden: 1, Moira Male, of 12 Beer Road.
Best Large Front Garden: 1, Geoff and Helen Charman, of “Shobrooke”, 170 Harepath Road; 2, Kay D’Albertanson, of Lime Tree Cottage, Fremington Road.
Best Business Display: 1, Melanie Letheren, of Beach Belles; 2, Mrs Sue Curry, of The Manor House; 3, Pat and Nigel Booth, of Mariners Hotel.
Best Communal Residential Area: 1, Jubilee Lodge; 2 equal, Netherhayes, Haven Court, Cliff Castle; 3, King’s Court.