Bouquets for floral designer’s Axe Festival stand
- Credit: Archant
Jackie Nicholls is awarded the Craft Cup for her display of artificial flower arrangements
Award-winning floral designer and tutor Jackie Nicholls won first prize for the best presented stand in the craft marquee at the weekend‘s Axe Vale Festival.
Jackie, from Ashville Design, near Chard, was showcasing her artificial flower arrangements.
She was presented with the Craft Cup, a commemorative certificate and £100 cash prize by Tony Benger, festival chairman and Katina Styles, the craft marquee organiser.
Jackie said: “I was completely taken by surprise and blushed! At the time, I was looking out of the marquee taking advantage of a rare breeze in the sweltering heat.
You may also want to watch:
“I turned around and saw three people walking towards me with a large trophy, all smiling and wondered which stand they were heading for. Then there was a round of applause and chairman Tony presented me with the cup, a certificate and £100.
“I was absolutely thrilled to bits to think that out of all the lovely stands in the craft marquee, the judge chose this one. I’m really passionate about my work and am truly honoured to have received this lovely award.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
“To everyone involved in this wonderful charity festival, thank you so much for my prize, and also for inviting me back next year. I look forward to seeing you all then, if not before.”
For details of events and upcoming workshops visit www.ashvilledesign.co.uk or call Jackie on 01460 67795 or 07906 259 683.