Brave swimmers wanted for Lyme Lunge
Book now for a dip in the briny on New Year’s Day - and help a worthy cause
HARDY souls will be braving the chilly seas off West Dorset to give the new year a warm welcome.
Preparations for the fourth Lyme Lunge are already being made by the town’s rotary club.
The big splash for cash, at 1pm, on January 1, promises to be bigger and more exciting than ever, they say.
It is hoped that at least 100 “lungers”, in fancy dress, will be rushing into the “balmy” waters of Lyme Bay, cheered on by large crowds on the beach.
You may also want to watch:
Last year well over 1,500 people gathered on the sands to witness the fun and the collection raised over �1,400 for charity.
This year the worthy causes to benefit will be ShelterBox and the RNLI.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Wildwood Escot ready for a frighteningly good October half term
- 9 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 10 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
Hot soup for the lungers will be available after they come out of the water. Sponsorship forms can be downloaded from www.lymeregisrotary.org - just click on the Lyme Lunge link. Sponsorship can be for the two main charities or can be for a charity of the lunger’s own choice.
Further information from Rotarian John McCallum 01297 442242 or email@example.com