Breaking news: 60 want to speak at council meeting over Seaton regeneration proposals
SIXTY people have already indicated they wish to speak at a special meeting of East Devon District Council – to comment on regeneration proposals for Seaton.
SIXTY people have already indicated they wish to speak at a special meeting of East Devon District Council - to comment on regeneration proposals for Seaton.
Planning officers are recommending a proposal by Tesco over a rival bid by Sainsbury's.
A council spokesman said: "The number of people who have so far indicated that they wish to speak on the applications is 60.
"The time for each speaker will be strictly limited and people will be asked not to repeat points already made by a previous speaker.
"The public seating area has been limited to 200 for the safety and comfort of all attending the meeting.
"The public will be admitted on a first-come-first-served basis and doors will be closed once the available seating has been filled."
- 1 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 2 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 3 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 4 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 5 Landlord jailed for 'groping barmaids' trying to stuff wages down their tops
- 6 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 7 Peco propose new storage and multimedia centre
- 8 Vintage Sports Cars grace the Wiscombe Park track
- 9 'Something for everyone' as Axe Vale Show returns to Axminster
- 10 Neil Parish wont stand in Honiton and Tiverton by-election
A sign to this effect will be displayed at the entrance to Seaton Town Hall, where the meeting is being held, in the days leading up to the meeting.