Breaking news: 60 want to speak at council meeting over Seaton regeneration proposals
SIXTY people have already indicated they wish to speak at a special meeting of East Devon District Council – to comment on regeneration proposals for Seaton.
SIXTY people have already indicated they wish to speak at a special meeting of East Devon District Council - to comment on regeneration proposals for Seaton.
Planning officers are recommending a proposal by Tesco over a rival bid by Sainsbury's.
A council spokesman said: "The number of people who have so far indicated that they wish to speak on the applications is 60.
"The time for each speaker will be strictly limited and people will be asked not to repeat points already made by a previous speaker.
You may also want to watch:
"The public seating area has been limited to 200 for the safety and comfort of all attending the meeting.
"The public will be admitted on a first-come-first-served basis and doors will be closed once the available seating has been filled."
- 1 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 2 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
- 3 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 4 School recognised for appliance of science
- 5 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 6 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 7 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 8 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
A sign to this effect will be displayed at the entrance to Seaton Town Hall, where the meeting is being held, in the days leading up to the meeting.