Breaking news: 60 want to speak at council meeting over Seaton regeneration proposals
SIXTY people have already indicated they wish to speak at a special meeting of East Devon District Council – to comment on regeneration proposals for Seaton.
SIXTY people have already indicated they wish to speak at a special meeting of East Devon District Council - to comment on regeneration proposals for Seaton.
Planning officers are recommending a proposal by Tesco over a rival bid by Sainsbury's.
A council spokesman said: "The number of people who have so far indicated that they wish to speak on the applications is 60.
"The time for each speaker will be strictly limited and people will be asked not to repeat points already made by a previous speaker.
"The public seating area has been limited to 200 for the safety and comfort of all attending the meeting.
"The public will be admitted on a first-come-first-served basis and doors will be closed once the available seating has been filled."
- 1 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 4 Colyton decides on new neighbourhood development plan
- 5 Charity golf circus on the Honiton greens
- 6 UPDATE: Missing woman found after police appeal
- 7 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 8 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 There are troubling consequences for all of us in this real life satire
A sign to this effect will be displayed at the entrance to Seaton Town Hall, where the meeting is being held, in the days leading up to the meeting.