Breaking news: 60 want to speak at council meeting over Seaton regeneration proposals
SIXTY people have already indicated they wish to speak at a special meeting of East Devon District Council – to comment on regeneration proposals for Seaton.
SIXTY people have already indicated they wish to speak at a special meeting of East Devon District Council - to comment on regeneration proposals for Seaton.
Planning officers are recommending a proposal by Tesco over a rival bid by Sainsbury's.
A council spokesman said: "The number of people who have so far indicated that they wish to speak on the applications is 60.
"The time for each speaker will be strictly limited and people will be asked not to repeat points already made by a previous speaker.
You may also want to watch:
"The public seating area has been limited to 200 for the safety and comfort of all attending the meeting.
"The public will be admitted on a first-come-first-served basis and doors will be closed once the available seating has been filled."
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 3 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 4 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 5 Amazing ultra challenges for Axe Valley Runners
- 6 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 7 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun
- 8 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 9 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 10 Your chance to be crowned top artist
A sign to this effect will be displayed at the entrance to Seaton Town Hall, where the meeting is being held, in the days leading up to the meeting.