Breaking news: Bomb squad in High Street, Honiton
THE BOMB squad is currently in High Street, Honiton, following a report at 1pm of suspicious package being found opposite the town s police station.
THE BOMB squad is currently in High Street, Honiton, following a report at 1pm of suspicious package being found opposite the town's police station.
An initial police cordon around the area was stood down when munitions, believed to be two Second World War shells, were deemed 'stable'.
The items were uncovered by builders working on a property in High Street.
A police spokesman told the Herald the shells are approximately 10 to 12 inches long.
You may also want to watch:
"There is no need for a cordon, because the devices are stable and there is no need to evacuate the area," said the spokesman.
- 1 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 2 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
- 3 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 4 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 5 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
- 6 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 7 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 8 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 9 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
- 10 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future