Breaking news: Bomb squad in High Street, Honiton
THE BOMB squad is currently in High Street, Honiton, following a report at 1pm of suspicious package being found opposite the town s police station.
THE BOMB squad is currently in High Street, Honiton, following a report at 1pm of suspicious package being found opposite the town's police station.
An initial police cordon around the area was stood down when munitions, believed to be two Second World War shells, were deemed 'stable'.
The items were uncovered by builders working on a property in High Street.
A police spokesman told the Herald the shells are approximately 10 to 12 inches long.
You may also want to watch:
"There is no need for a cordon, because the devices are stable and there is no need to evacuate the area," said the spokesman.
- 1 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 2 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 5 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 6 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 7 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 8 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 9 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 10 Heatwave stops play at Axminster Bowls