BREAKING NEWS: Burglars strike in Lace Walk
Co-op and barber’s shop are currently closed. Scenes of crime investigator is in the shopping centre. Cash, charity tins and GHD hair straighteners stolen.
BURGLARS used slabs taken from the back step of a skittle alley at the Three Tuns in Honiton to smash their way into business premises in neighbouring Lace Walk overnight.
The Co-operative and barber’s shop Tom, Dick and Harry are currently closed.
Doors at the Co-op are boarded up and a notice is advising customers that the supermarket is closed due to “unforeseen circumstances”.
The break-in could not have come at a worse time for the store. A promotions team from newly refurbished Budgens seized the opportunity to hand out flyers to customers unable to access Co-op.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Dunn, owner of Tom, Dick and Harry, said: “Quite a lot of Christmas stock has been stolen, including GHD hair straighteners and scissor pouches.
“Cash has been taken, along with charity boxes for Help for Heroes and Cancer Research.”
- 1 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 2 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 3 Dark day for Millwey Rise
- 4 Cafe boss bounces back after adapting to impact of virus
- 5 Wedding venue team goes extra mile for customers
- 6 Community group invites people to volunteers fayre
- 7 Benefit cheat 'too disabled to move' filmed shopping in Axminster
- 8 Flying start for the Axminster Tigers
- 9 Lottery millionaire helps support big beach clean-up
- 10 Property of the Week: Combpyne Road, Musbury, Axminster
Mr Dunn would like to thank Alan Rowe MBE for his early morning efforts to alert him to the crime.
A scenes of crime investigator is currently in Lace Walk and PCSO Barry Redford has been reassuring neighbouring shopkeepers and local residents.
Anybody who knows anything at all about the burglaries, or who may have seen or heard something suspicious overnight last night (Wednesday), is urged to contact Honiton Police Station on 08452 777444.
Update to follow shortly. Please revisit this website in around an hour.