BREAKING NEWS: Burglars strike in Lace Walk
Co-op and barber’s shop are currently closed. Scenes of crime investigator is in the shopping centre. Cash, charity tins and GHD hair straighteners stolen.
BURGLARS used slabs taken from the back step of a skittle alley at the Three Tuns in Honiton to smash their way into business premises in neighbouring Lace Walk overnight.
The Co-operative and barber’s shop Tom, Dick and Harry are currently closed.
Doors at the Co-op are boarded up and a notice is advising customers that the supermarket is closed due to “unforeseen circumstances”.
The break-in could not have come at a worse time for the store. A promotions team from newly refurbished Budgens seized the opportunity to hand out flyers to customers unable to access Co-op.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Dunn, owner of Tom, Dick and Harry, said: “Quite a lot of Christmas stock has been stolen, including GHD hair straighteners and scissor pouches.
“Cash has been taken, along with charity boxes for Help for Heroes and Cancer Research.”
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
Mr Dunn would like to thank Alan Rowe MBE for his early morning efforts to alert him to the crime.
A scenes of crime investigator is currently in Lace Walk and PCSO Barry Redford has been reassuring neighbouring shopkeepers and local residents.
Anybody who knows anything at all about the burglaries, or who may have seen or heard something suspicious overnight last night (Wednesday), is urged to contact Honiton Police Station on 08452 777444.
Update to follow shortly. Please revisit this website in around an hour.