BREAKING NEWS: Community centre plan moves forward
Honiton Town Council to seek planning permission for Dowell Street site.
Plans to build a community centre on a public car park next to Honiton Magistrates’ Court have taken a step forward tonight (Monday).
After a protracted debate, which went in and out of session, and two recorded votes, Honiton Town Council has agreed to seek planning permission for the development and put the project out to tender.
The meeting heard the move was the only way to establish the project’s costs.
However, the decision to apply for planning permission has been taken ahead of a debate at East Devon District Council. It is being asked to cover the cost of making the ground suitable for development.
Councillor Mike Allen sought to delay a decision at Monday’s meeting.
Full story to follow tomorrow.
- 1 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 2 Upheaval at Honiton Town Council as six members walk out of meeting and resign
- 3 'People are now too smart to fall for Tory culture wars...'
- 4 Property of the Week: Thorn Cottage, Stockland
- 5 Met office weather warning for fog TONIGHT
- 6 Sophie sacrifices waist-length hair for charity
- 7 Missing 21 year old from Honiton FOUND
- 8 Chris reminisces on his earliest memories from the 1980s
- 9 Four Devon locations make 'worst places to live' list for 2022
- 10 Looking back on local football in the Devon & Exeter League