Breaking news: Fire breaks out in Whitebridges, Honiton

A BABY tortoise was saved from a burning flat in Whitebridges in the early hours of this morning.

A BABY tortoise was saved from a burning flat in Whitebridges in the early hours of this morning.

Firefighters rescued the pet after being called to the blaze at 3.40am.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service has revealed the fire started in the lounge of a ground floor flat and involved a lamp and a pile of newspapers.

Two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet were needed to extinguish the fire.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter