Breaking news: Lyme Regis Post Office building put up for sale
LYME Regis Post Office building is to be sold. The sale of the freehold may mean that the business has to relocate, the owners have confirmed.
LYME Regis Post Office building is to be sold.
The sale of the freehold may mean that the business has to relocate, the owners have confirmed.
Managing director David Gilbert says the pattern of Post Office business has changed and that this has led to a fall in customer numbers and a corresponding slow decline in profit.
"Our other Post Office branches in Chard and South Chard are extremely successful, because they are not dependant on Post Office income alone as they are located within a busy newsagent and convenience store."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Gilbert added: "Ideally we would like to develop a similar format in Lyme Regis, perhaps with seven day Post Office opening. However the constraints of the existing premises, particularly space and access, make this impossible for us to do economically within the existing building. The only option is therefore to relocate."
The Broad Street building is for sale through Martin Diplock Estate Agent.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 3 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 4 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 5 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 6 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 7 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 9 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 10 Beachgoers share moment of wonder