BREAKING NEWS: Prime Minister visits East Devon
David Cameron accompanied by Hugo Swire MP in Branscombe.
THE Prime Minister, David Cameron, has been enjoying a leisurely visit to East Devon today (Friday).
Mr Cameron was spotted by holidaymakers enjoying the scenery at Branscombe this afternoon.
He was accompanied by Hugo Swire, the Conservative MP for East Devon.
Metroplitan Police officer Paul Webb, 46, was visiting Branscombe with his partner, Carol Barker, 40, when they noticed Mr Cameron at The Sea Shanty beach cafe.
You may also want to watch:
“Paul went over and introduced himself,” said Ms Barker.
“The Prime Minister was quite approachable for conversation.”
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 3 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 4 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 5 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 6 Adjusting to cricket's new points-average system
- 7 Cranbrook's minister praises town as she says goodbye
- 8 Axe Valley Runners in Exeter Quay race
- 9 East Devon enterprises applaud council for rapid response to covid funds
- 10 Home care business receives prestigious national popularity award
Ms Barker, from Essex, said Mr Cameron looked as though he was enjoying a break in relaxing surroundings.