BREAKING NEWS: Prime Minister visits East Devon
David Cameron accompanied by Hugo Swire MP in Branscombe.
THE Prime Minister, David Cameron, has been enjoying a leisurely visit to East Devon today (Friday).
Mr Cameron was spotted by holidaymakers enjoying the scenery at Branscombe this afternoon.
He was accompanied by Hugo Swire, the Conservative MP for East Devon.
Metroplitan Police officer Paul Webb, 46, was visiting Branscombe with his partner, Carol Barker, 40, when they noticed Mr Cameron at The Sea Shanty beach cafe.
“Paul went over and introduced himself,” said Ms Barker.
“The Prime Minister was quite approachable for conversation.”
- 1 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 2 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 3 Chard youngsters overcome fears and make memories at activity centre
- 4 Date reportedly set for Tiverton and Honiton by-election
- 5 Recycled toy shop's kind gesture to Ukrainian families
- 6 Talaton gardens re-opens for the summer
- 7 Gang responsible for bringing a kilo of drugs into Devon jailed for 23 years
- 8 Biker killed in Devon crash named
- 9 Grantchester star and former Colyton Grammar student Tom Brittney goes ‘back to school’
- 10 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
Ms Barker, from Essex, said Mr Cameron looked as though he was enjoying a break in relaxing surroundings.