BREAKING NEWS: Prime Minister visits East Devon
David Cameron accompanied by Hugo Swire MP in Branscombe.
THE Prime Minister, David Cameron, has been enjoying a leisurely visit to East Devon today (Friday).
Mr Cameron was spotted by holidaymakers enjoying the scenery at Branscombe this afternoon.
He was accompanied by Hugo Swire, the Conservative MP for East Devon.
Metroplitan Police officer Paul Webb, 46, was visiting Branscombe with his partner, Carol Barker, 40, when they noticed Mr Cameron at The Sea Shanty beach cafe.
You may also want to watch:
“Paul went over and introduced himself,” said Ms Barker.
“The Prime Minister was quite approachable for conversation.”
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 4 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 5 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 6 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 7 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 8 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 9 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 10 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
Ms Barker, from Essex, said Mr Cameron looked as though he was enjoying a break in relaxing surroundings.