Breaking News: Robbery in Colyton
Police appeal for witness after �3,050 is stolen.
Police are appealing for witnesses following a street robbery in Colyton.
Two men attacked a man in Kings Street at around 10.25am yesterday and stole a Lloyds bank cloth money bag containing �3,050.
There was a struggle when the two men tried to take the bag from the victim and one of the suspects is believed to have struck the victim’s hand, causing him to release the cloth bag.
The suspects ran off along the Church path across St Andrews Orchard, into Rosemary Lane, onto Greenbridge and then turned right into Station Road before disappearing.
You may also want to watch:
One of the men was wearing a plain blue hoodie and dark blue tracksuit bottoms with trainers and is thought to be between 24 and 25 years old.
The other male, who is believed to have hit the victim, was wearing a grey hoodie with four lines running across the front and shoulder with dark tracksuit bottoms and trainers.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
Anyone with information is urged to contact DS Ryan Doyle or A/DS Amanda Rowe via 08452 77 444 quoting crime reference KN/11/294 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.