Breaking news: Woman treated for smoke inhalation following Honiton fire

PUBLISHED: 15:55 18 November 2009 | UPDATED: 00:35 16 June 2010

A FEMALE casualty was treated for smoke inhalation by ambulance personnel following a fire at a home in Orchard Way, Honiton, earlier today.

A FEMALE casualty was treated for smoke inhalation by ambulance personnel following a fire at a home in Orchard Way, Honiton, earlier today.

The woman was treated at the scene after fire crews from Honiton and Ottery St Mary tackled a blaze in a kitchen.

The source of the fire was an electric cooker.

Firefighters used breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and a dry powder extinguisher to put out the blaze.

The fire, reported at 1.27pm, is believed to have started accidentally.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald