Breaking news: Woman treated for smoke inhalation following Honiton fire

A FEMALE casualty was treated for smoke inhalation by ambulance personnel following a fire at a home in Orchard Way, Honiton, earlier today.

A FEMALE casualty was treated for smoke inhalation by ambulance personnel following a fire at a home in Orchard Way, Honiton, earlier today.

The woman was treated at the scene after fire crews from Honiton and Ottery St Mary tackled a blaze in a kitchen.

The source of the fire was an electric cooker.

Firefighters used breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and a dry powder extinguisher to put out the blaze.

The fire, reported at 1.27pm, is believed to have started accidentally.