Rockbeare girl undergoing the chop to help youngsters with cancer
- Credit: Archant
A Rockbeare youngster is having her long locks cut off and turned into a wig to help other children fighting cancer.
Millie Horn, who lives in Lowbrook, will undergo the chop at Envious Hair Salon in Feniton on Friday (August 10).
The brave nine-year-old decided she wanted to undergo the cut to help the Little Princess Trust, a charity which provides real hair wigs free of charge to children and young people who have lost their own hair due to cancer.
Millie’s mum, Kimberly, said: “We are extremely proud of Millie.
“All of her life, Millie’s hair has been bottom-length.
You may also want to watch:
“She decided she wanted to get it cut to help the Trust.
“Her family are extremely proud of her and lots of our friends have donated money towards her haircut.”
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
Millie is also hoping to raise £350 in charitable donations - and is almost there, with around £320 collected so far.