Brothel’: arrest after Exmouth raid
SPECIALIST?police executed a search warrant for alleged offences - including running a suspected brothel - at Pilot Wharf, Exmouth, as the Journal went to press late yesterday afternoon. Two sections of the police s tactical aid group (TAG) and the target
SPECIALIST?police executed a search warrant for alleged offences - including running a suspected brothel - at Pilot Wharf, Exmouth, as the Journal went to press late yesterday afternoon.
Two sections of the police's tactical aid group (TAG) and the targeted policing team raided an apartment at 2pm yesterday.
Police said it was part of a two-pronged operation involving the Exmouth property and another in Exeter.
A police spokesman confirmed late yesterday that a 39-year-old Exmouth woman had been arrested on suspicion of money laundering and managing a brothel.
You may also want to watch:
In the Exeter operation, said police, a 25-year-old Lithuanian woman and a 35-year-old Exeter woman had been arrested on suspicion of managing a brothel.
The Exmouth operation took place in the exclusive marina district of Exmouth - frequented by locals and holidaymakers, including a large boating fraternity.
- 1 Racist graffiti daubed on The Volunteer pub in Honiton
- 2 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 3 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 4 Closing of the rinks at Axminster Bowls
- 5 Property of the Week: Castle Hill, Seaton
- 6 Landscape firm wins award for work on new housing development
- 7 Artists collaborate with council on next stage of town's art trail
- 8 Festival fishing in Torbay and Lyme Regis
- 9 Three more businesses become plastic-free champions
- 10 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
The Journal first learned of the operation - led by DC Gareth Bush - at around 2pm. CID officers were still onsite at 4pm.
There were no apparent police vehicles in the area - we believe it was a covert operation.