Brothel’: arrest after Exmouth raid
SPECIALIST?police executed a search warrant for alleged offences - including running a suspected brothel - at Pilot Wharf, Exmouth, as the Journal went to press late yesterday afternoon. Two sections of the police s tactical aid group (TAG) and the target
SPECIALIST?police executed a search warrant for alleged offences - including running a suspected brothel - at Pilot Wharf, Exmouth, as the Journal went to press late yesterday afternoon.
Two sections of the police's tactical aid group (TAG) and the targeted policing team raided an apartment at 2pm yesterday.
Police said it was part of a two-pronged operation involving the Exmouth property and another in Exeter.
A police spokesman confirmed late yesterday that a 39-year-old Exmouth woman had been arrested on suspicion of money laundering and managing a brothel.
You may also want to watch:
In the Exeter operation, said police, a 25-year-old Lithuanian woman and a 35-year-old Exeter woman had been arrested on suspicion of managing a brothel.
The Exmouth operation took place in the exclusive marina district of Exmouth - frequented by locals and holidaymakers, including a large boating fraternity.
- 1 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 2 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 3 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 4 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 5 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 6 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 7 Helping others through your own experience can be a valued skill
- 8 Mr Music's motor is no van ordinaire
- 9 Vintage cars grace Wiscombe Park
- 10 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
The Journal first learned of the operation - led by DC Gareth Bush - at around 2pm. CID officers were still onsite at 4pm.
There were no apparent police vehicles in the area - we believe it was a covert operation.