BT repeater station trageted by burglars
Almost a ton in copper cables stolen.
COPPER electrical and telephone cables weighing almost a ton have been stolen from a BT repeater station in East Devon.
Police say the station, at Whimple, was broken into between 2am and 9.45am last Saturday, October 16.
Burglars smashed a window and removed internal security bars to gain access to the building.
Once inside, the thieves damaged locked internal doors.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officers are appealing for information about suspicious activity in the vicinity of the station. They are also urging anyone with information about the whereabouts of the stolen items to get in touch.
If you can help, call Ottery St Mary Police Station on 08452 777444, quoting reference KO/10/623.
- 1 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 2 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 3 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
- 4 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 5 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
- 6 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 7 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 8 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 9 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 10 Clyst Valley park is part of Exmouth to Exmoor national trail vision