BT repeater station trageted by burglars
Almost a ton in copper cables stolen.
COPPER electrical and telephone cables weighing almost a ton have been stolen from a BT repeater station in East Devon.
Police say the station, at Whimple, was broken into between 2am and 9.45am last Saturday, October 16.
Burglars smashed a window and removed internal security bars to gain access to the building.
Once inside, the thieves damaged locked internal doors.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officers are appealing for information about suspicious activity in the vicinity of the station. They are also urging anyone with information about the whereabouts of the stolen items to get in touch.
If you can help, call Ottery St Mary Police Station on 08452 777444, quoting reference KO/10/623.
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 3 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 4 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 5 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 6 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 9 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 10 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure