BT repeater station trageted by burglars
Almost a ton in copper cables stolen.
COPPER electrical and telephone cables weighing almost a ton have been stolen from a BT repeater station in East Devon.
Police say the station, at Whimple, was broken into between 2am and 9.45am last Saturday, October 16.
Burglars smashed a window and removed internal security bars to gain access to the building.
Once inside, the thieves damaged locked internal doors.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officers are appealing for information about suspicious activity in the vicinity of the station. They are also urging anyone with information about the whereabouts of the stolen items to get in touch.
If you can help, call Ottery St Mary Police Station on 08452 777444, quoting reference KO/10/623.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 3 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 4 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 5 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 6 Cranbrook's minister praises town as she says goodbye
- 7 Adjusting to cricket's new points-average system
- 8 East Devon enterprises applaud council for rapid response to covid funds
- 9 Home care business receives prestigious national popularity award
- 10 Yarty Party is back with a line-up to lift spirits and entertain