Bumper profits for Seaton and Beer RNLI team
Record sales bring in best-ever total of �39.000 for the lifeboats
BUOYANT lifeboat supporters in Seaton and Beer have chalked up record takings.
The local RNLI branch made just over �39,000 last year through the sale of souvenirs and Christmas cards, calendars and diaries.
The bulk came from the new kiosk at Beer, along with a further �2,150.70 from sales at events in the area.
A further �11.534.40 was raised through branch events, donations and collection boxes. This included �1,281.41 by Axe Yacht Club during the August bank holiday weekend. An additional �346.67 of RNLI gifts and souvenirs was also sold and the 35th annual sponsored walk raised �581.50
This year’s next big fund raiser takes place, as part of the RNLI national SOS (Save our Swimmers) day, on Saturday January 21.
It is a coffee morning from 10am to noon at the Mariners Hall, Beer. There will be teas, coffee, cakes, raffle, stalls plus SOS themed stalls.
- 1 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 3 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 4 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
- 5 Former Seaton bank to become shop
- 6 Police investigate assault at Axe Vale Show
- 7 Neighbourhood plan launched for Broadclyst
- 8 Colyton Grammar team wins a national engineering competition
- 9 Chilcotts youngest auctioneer to feature in BBC show
- 10 Biker badly hurt in A3052 crash
The following Saturday, January 28, there is a quiz night at Beer Social Club, Berry Hill. Entry is from 7.30pm for an 8pm start. Teams of four are invited and entry is �1 per person. There will be a prize and certificate for the winning team.
Details of other SOS events can be found at rnli.org.uk/sos