Burglars target Axminster house for a second time
Intruders flee empty handed again after apparently being disturbed
BURGLARS broke into an Axminster house for the second time in three weeks on Friday.
They smashed a rear window to gain entry to the property in Rougemont Terrace, around mid afternoon.
Again they fled empty handed after it is thought they were disturbed by a neighbour, returning home.
In the previous nightime raid they smashed their way into the house through a rear door and had started to search through drawers when it is thought they were forced to flee after hearing police activity in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Both times the occupants were out.
Police say they are stepping up patrols in the area.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 4 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 5 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 6 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 7 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 8 Sidmouth and Ottery hockey stung by Hornets
- 9 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes