Burglars target East Devon farmhouses
Cash top of thieves’ wish list as they steal from properties across a wide area. The hunt is now on to track the crooks. Can you name them?
CASH, mobile phones, digital cameras and vehicle keys have been stolen during a series of burglaries at East Devon farmhouses and buildings.
Properties at Kentisbeare, Dulford, Plymtree and Whimple were targeted last night (Thursday).
Police in Honiton, who are investigating the crimes, said thieves struck in an area that forms a triangle between the A373, from Honiton to Cullompton, and south and west of Honiton on the old A30.
Cash was the most common item stolen, Pc Carly Davies told The Midweek Herald.
She said: “We are asking residents in these areas, particularly those from rural farm buildings to be vigilant, keep premises and property secure and report any information or suspicious activity to police on 08452 777444.”
Alternatively Crimestoppers can be contacted on 0800 555111.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 2 'Graffiti vandals' target Honiton skate park
- 3 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
- 4 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 5 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 6 Taxidermy alligator set to go under the hammer in Honiton
- 7 Neighbourhood plan launched for Broadclyst
- 8 Former Seaton bank to become shop
- 9 Devon's newest MP raises issue of rural fuel duty in parliament
- 10 Colyton Grammar team wins a national engineering competition
Quote any of the following crime reference numbers: KU/10/1294, KU/10/1295, KO/10/760, KH/10/995 and KH/10/997.