Burglars target East Devon farmhouses
Cash top of thieves’ wish list as they steal from properties across a wide area. The hunt is now on to track the crooks. Can you name them?
CASH, mobile phones, digital cameras and vehicle keys have been stolen during a series of burglaries at East Devon farmhouses and buildings.
Properties at Kentisbeare, Dulford, Plymtree and Whimple were targeted last night (Thursday).
Police in Honiton, who are investigating the crimes, said thieves struck in an area that forms a triangle between the A373, from Honiton to Cullompton, and south and west of Honiton on the old A30.
Cash was the most common item stolen, Pc Carly Davies told The Midweek Herald.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We are asking residents in these areas, particularly those from rural farm buildings to be vigilant, keep premises and property secure and report any information or suspicious activity to police on 08452 777444.”
Alternatively Crimestoppers can be contacted on 0800 555111.
- 1 Honiton Stingrays zooming into action
- 2 Sunday parking charge for Honiton, Axminster and Ottery
- 3 Town's u3a group celebrates publicity coup
- 4 Plans for new allotments in Honiton progress
- 5 Seaton needs to 'gear up' for life after Covid
- 6 New blueprint for rail travel in East Devon
- 7 New premises for Project Food at Axminster
- 8 Wendy's Bus will continue to help people in Honiton
- 9 Seaton and Beer say farewell to vicar and his family
- 10 Council hopes residents will warm to new heating project
Quote any of the following crime reference numbers: KU/10/1294, KU/10/1295, KO/10/760, KH/10/995 and KH/10/997.