Burglars target East Devon farmhouses
Cash top of thieves’ wish list as they steal from properties across a wide area. The hunt is now on to track the crooks. Can you name them?
CASH, mobile phones, digital cameras and vehicle keys have been stolen during a series of burglaries at East Devon farmhouses and buildings.
Properties at Kentisbeare, Dulford, Plymtree and Whimple were targeted last night (Thursday).
Police in Honiton, who are investigating the crimes, said thieves struck in an area that forms a triangle between the A373, from Honiton to Cullompton, and south and west of Honiton on the old A30.
Cash was the most common item stolen, Pc Carly Davies told The Midweek Herald.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We are asking residents in these areas, particularly those from rural farm buildings to be vigilant, keep premises and property secure and report any information or suspicious activity to police on 08452 777444.”
Alternatively Crimestoppers can be contacted on 0800 555111.
- 1 New independent store opens in town's high street
- 2 An unacceptable imposition on hard-working councillors
- 3 Exeter Science Park builds back greener with space for 100 new jobs
- 4 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 5 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 6 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 7 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 8 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 9 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 10 Flower show is back after two-year break
Quote any of the following crime reference numbers: KU/10/1294, KU/10/1295, KO/10/760, KH/10/995 and KH/10/997.