Burglars target East Devon farmhouses
Cash top of thieves’ wish list as they steal from properties across a wide area. The hunt is now on to track the crooks. Can you name them?
CASH, mobile phones, digital cameras and vehicle keys have been stolen during a series of burglaries at East Devon farmhouses and buildings.
Properties at Kentisbeare, Dulford, Plymtree and Whimple were targeted last night (Thursday).
Police in Honiton, who are investigating the crimes, said thieves struck in an area that forms a triangle between the A373, from Honiton to Cullompton, and south and west of Honiton on the old A30.
Cash was the most common item stolen, Pc Carly Davies told The Midweek Herald.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We are asking residents in these areas, particularly those from rural farm buildings to be vigilant, keep premises and property secure and report any information or suspicious activity to police on 08452 777444.”
Alternatively Crimestoppers can be contacted on 0800 555111.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 3 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 4 Have your say on future development of village
- 5 Mark thanks Scouts for helping in the battle to beat polio
- 6 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 7 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 10 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
Quote any of the following crime reference numbers: KU/10/1294, KU/10/1295, KO/10/760, KH/10/995 and KH/10/997.