Burglars target East Devon farmhouses
Cash top of thieves’ wish list as they steal from properties across a wide area. The hunt is now on to track the crooks. Can you name them?
CASH, mobile phones, digital cameras and vehicle keys have been stolen during a series of burglaries at East Devon farmhouses and buildings.
Properties at Kentisbeare, Dulford, Plymtree and Whimple were targeted last night (Thursday).
Police in Honiton, who are investigating the crimes, said thieves struck in an area that forms a triangle between the A373, from Honiton to Cullompton, and south and west of Honiton on the old A30.
Cash was the most common item stolen, Pc Carly Davies told The Midweek Herald.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We are asking residents in these areas, particularly those from rural farm buildings to be vigilant, keep premises and property secure and report any information or suspicious activity to police on 08452 777444.”
Alternatively Crimestoppers can be contacted on 0800 555111.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Quote any of the following crime reference numbers: KU/10/1294, KU/10/1295, KO/10/760, KH/10/995 and KH/10/997.