BURGLARY UPDATE: Suspect in custody
Honiton CID preparing to interview male. Some missing items located. Police are still appealing for information from the public.
POLICE have arrested a man on suspicion of burglary following overnight break-ins at premises in Lace Walk, Honiton.
The suspect is currently being held at Heavitree Road Police Station, Exeter, where he will be interviewed by detectives from Honiton CID later this afternoon.
A police spokesman has told The Midweek Herald that items believed to have been stolen in the burglaries have been recovered. However, not all the missing property has been found and enquiries are on-going.
Alcohol, electrical goods, cash, GHD hair straighteners and charity tins were stolen from The Co-operative and Tom, Dick and Harry in the early hours of today (Thursday).
You may also want to watch:
Anybody with information about the burglaries is urged to call police on 08452 777444.
* UPDATE: The suspect was later charged in connection with the burglary at The Co-operative and has appeared at Central Devon Magistrates’ Court, in Exeter, where he entered a guilty plea at the first opportunity. See the Editor’s Choice of this website to find out who the crook is. See also a police appeal to find his accomplice. Also visit the Letters section of this website.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 7 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
The burglary at Tom, Dick and Harry is being treated as a separate matter. A male has been arrested and released on police bail, pending further inquiries.