Business achievement award for Honiton card shop which stood out on national stage
- Credit: Archant
A Honiton card shop has received a prestigious award from the town’s chamber of commerce in recognition of its finish in a national competition.
Just Cards, in High Street, was runner-up in the prestigious National Greetings Cards Awards Finals at the Dorchester Hotel in London.
The outlet, owned by Maggie Wynn, was pitted against multi-chain national retailers, but still finished a close runner-up.
Now, Maggie has received the ‘business achievement of the year’ award from Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce.
Its chair, Tony McCollum, said: “It is important for all the businesses in Honiton that independent traders show the rest of the country that the quality of product and the quality of service are among the best there is.
You may also want to watch:
“Doing this has brought national recognition to a small independent business like Just Cards and shows it can hold its own against the big national chain stores.”
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 7 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 8 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 A special remembrance service in Seaton