Business achievement award for Honiton card shop which stood out on national stage
- Credit: Archant
A Honiton card shop has received a prestigious award from the town’s chamber of commerce in recognition of its finish in a national competition.
Just Cards, in High Street, was runner-up in the prestigious National Greetings Cards Awards Finals at the Dorchester Hotel in London.
The outlet, owned by Maggie Wynn, was pitted against multi-chain national retailers, but still finished a close runner-up.
Now, Maggie has received the ‘business achievement of the year’ award from Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce.
Its chair, Tony McCollum, said: “It is important for all the businesses in Honiton that independent traders show the rest of the country that the quality of product and the quality of service are among the best there is.
You may also want to watch:
“Doing this has brought national recognition to a small independent business like Just Cards and shows it can hold its own against the big national chain stores.”
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 4 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 5 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 6 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 9 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 10 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad