Business achievement award for Honiton card shop which stood out on national stage
- Credit: Archant
A Honiton card shop has received a prestigious award from the town’s chamber of commerce in recognition of its finish in a national competition.
Just Cards, in High Street, was runner-up in the prestigious National Greetings Cards Awards Finals at the Dorchester Hotel in London.
The outlet, owned by Maggie Wynn, was pitted against multi-chain national retailers, but still finished a close runner-up.
Now, Maggie has received the ‘business achievement of the year’ award from Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce.
Its chair, Tony McCollum, said: “It is important for all the businesses in Honiton that independent traders show the rest of the country that the quality of product and the quality of service are among the best there is.
You may also want to watch:
“Doing this has brought national recognition to a small independent business like Just Cards and shows it can hold its own against the big national chain stores.”
- 1 Bid to remove traveller site restriction rejected by councillors
- 2 East Devon's Property of the Week
- 3 East Devon Property of the Week
- 4 Mechanic keeps life-saving blood bikes on the road
- 5 Villagers determined that the fair must go on
- 6 Family's wellbeing business success is Taylor made
- 7 Freddie the tramping potter could drink a gallon of cider
- 8 Positive partnership for Honiton Cricket Club
- 9 White Hart pub damaged by fire
- 10 Chiropractor unveils new name and reaffirms commitment to serve community