Business achievement award for Honiton card shop which stood out on national stage
- Credit: Archant
A Honiton card shop has received a prestigious award from the town’s chamber of commerce in recognition of its finish in a national competition.
Just Cards, in High Street, was runner-up in the prestigious National Greetings Cards Awards Finals at the Dorchester Hotel in London.
The outlet, owned by Maggie Wynn, was pitted against multi-chain national retailers, but still finished a close runner-up.
Now, Maggie has received the ‘business achievement of the year’ award from Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce.
Its chair, Tony McCollum, said: “It is important for all the businesses in Honiton that independent traders show the rest of the country that the quality of product and the quality of service are among the best there is.
You may also want to watch:
“Doing this has brought national recognition to a small independent business like Just Cards and shows it can hold its own against the big national chain stores.”
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend