No technology but otherwise business as usual after fire at Axe Valley Academy
- Credit: Archant
Back to using paper and textbooks for the day after small accidental fire in ICT room
A fire in the ICT room at Axe Valley Academy yesterday evening has left the school without any technology for the day, but otherwise it is “business as usual”.
Fire crews from Axminster, Lyme Regis and Colyton were called out to reports of smoke coming from the community college building at 6.45pm on Thursday, November 29. They entered using breathing apparatus and cleared the smoke with a fan.
Headteacher Martin Brook said: “We had a very small isolated fire that broke out in the network room, it hasn’t affected any classrooms.
“There are absolutely no suspicious circumstances, the fire was caused by faulty equipment, we’re hoping to be up and running as usual by Monday.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s caused very little disruption, the students are in school and lessons are as normal but without the use of technology.
“It’s been quite nice, like the good old days, we’ve been working on paper and using textbooks. The main effect has been things like taking registers, we’ve had to revert back to paper, but it’s been absolutely fine. The staff and students have responded brilliantly to the circumstances and we’re just carrying on as if it’s a normal day.”
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend