Business leaders praise former mayor
‘We got on quite well with him.’
Business leaders have paid tribute to the work of former mayor Councillor Vernon Whitlock, who has stood down as Honiton Town Council’s representative on the executive committee of Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Mr Whitlock, who is being replaced by town and district councillor Mike Allen, will be “missed”, the chamber’s December breakfast meeting was told.
Chamber chairman Colin Wright said: “It is a bit of a shame, because we got on quite well with him.
“We will miss him.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as briefing the business community about the council’s work, Mr Whitlock took back concerns raised by chamber members to councillors.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend