Business leaders praise former mayor
‘We got on quite well with him.’
Business leaders have paid tribute to the work of former mayor Councillor Vernon Whitlock, who has stood down as Honiton Town Council’s representative on the executive committee of Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Mr Whitlock, who is being replaced by town and district councillor Mike Allen, will be “missed”, the chamber’s December breakfast meeting was told.
Chamber chairman Colin Wright said: “It is a bit of a shame, because we got on quite well with him.
“We will miss him.”
As well as briefing the business community about the council’s work, Mr Whitlock took back concerns raised by chamber members to councillors.
- 1 Five-year-old girl dies after road accident near Honiton
- 2 Devon model railway manufacturer expands factory space to keep up with demand
- 3 Dramatic departure of six Honiton councillors after council tax vote
- 4 Mum-to-be's relaxing holiday ends in baby being delivered at Devon resort
- 5 Serious road accident at Wilmington
- 6 Information sought on fly-tipping incident in Honiton
- 7 New £60,000 funding for Honiton play park
- 8 Rise on the rise with confident home victory
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Bringing the best of British to Honiton