Business leaders praise former mayor
‘We got on quite well with him.’
Business leaders have paid tribute to the work of former mayor Councillor Vernon Whitlock, who has stood down as Honiton Town Council’s representative on the executive committee of Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Mr Whitlock, who is being replaced by town and district councillor Mike Allen, will be “missed”, the chamber’s December breakfast meeting was told.
Chamber chairman Colin Wright said: “It is a bit of a shame, because we got on quite well with him.
“We will miss him.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as briefing the business community about the council’s work, Mr Whitlock took back concerns raised by chamber members to councillors.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 4 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 5 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 6 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun
- 7 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 8 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 9 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 10 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day