Business plan must be more robust
Andrew Moulding addresses issue of fund-raising for Honiton Community Centre.
The vice chairman of East Devon District Council’s cabinet, Councillor Andrew Moulding, said he would be prepared to second a proposal for a loan to cover the �140,000 shortfall for the community centre project.
However, his support would hinge on “a more robust business plan”.
He expressed concern about the plan’s risk assessments and said he was most concerned about “low to the extreme fund-raising”.
“A loan figure could be incorporated into a more robust business plan,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Graham Godbeer said he continued to support the project, but added: “Money is the root of this evil - there isn’t any.
“I do think we should support them (Honiton Town Council) in other ways.
- 1 Bid to remove traveller site restriction rejected by councillors
- 2 East Devon's Property of the Week
- 3 East Devon Property of the Week
- 4 Mechanic keeps life-saving blood bikes on the road
- 5 Villagers determined that the fair must go on
- 6 Freddie the tramping potter could drink a gallon of cider
- 7 Family's wellbeing business success is Taylor made
- 8 Positive partnership for Honiton Cricket Club
- 9 White Hart pub damaged by fire
- 10 Chiropractor unveils new name and reaffirms commitment to serve community
“I would like to see fulsome support from the town and a review of the costings.”