Business plan must be more robust
Andrew Moulding addresses issue of fund-raising for Honiton Community Centre.
The vice chairman of East Devon District Council’s cabinet, Councillor Andrew Moulding, said he would be prepared to second a proposal for a loan to cover the �140,000 shortfall for the community centre project.
However, his support would hinge on “a more robust business plan”.
He expressed concern about the plan’s risk assessments and said he was most concerned about “low to the extreme fund-raising”.
“A loan figure could be incorporated into a more robust business plan,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Graham Godbeer said he continued to support the project, but added: “Money is the root of this evil - there isn’t any.
“I do think we should support them (Honiton Town Council) in other ways.
- 1 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 2 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 3 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 4 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 5 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 6 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 7 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 8 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
“I would like to see fulsome support from the town and a review of the costings.”