Business plan must be more robust
Andrew Moulding addresses issue of fund-raising for Honiton Community Centre.
The vice chairman of East Devon District Council’s cabinet, Councillor Andrew Moulding, said he would be prepared to second a proposal for a loan to cover the �140,000 shortfall for the community centre project.
However, his support would hinge on “a more robust business plan”.
He expressed concern about the plan’s risk assessments and said he was most concerned about “low to the extreme fund-raising”.
“A loan figure could be incorporated into a more robust business plan,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Graham Godbeer said he continued to support the project, but added: “Money is the root of this evil - there isn’t any.
“I do think we should support them (Honiton Town Council) in other ways.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 5 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 6 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 7 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 8 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
“I would like to see fulsome support from the town and a review of the costings.”