BY-ELECTION: Clear win for Cornwell
Independent candidate attracted 370 votes.
NICK Cornwell won yesterday’s by-election in Honiton by 99 votes.
The independent candidate polled 369 votes to become a member of Honiton Town Council.
Neil Foster, also an independent, polled 270 votes.
The turnout has been confirmed as 12.6 per cent.
You may also want to watch:
There were three spoilt /rejected ballot papers.
The by-election was called in St Michael’s ward following the resignation of Jeff Ayres.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 4 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 5 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 6 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 7 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon