Café staff in Honiton to take on race
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A team of staff from the Boston Tea Party café in Honiton have volunteered to take part in this year’s Rock Solid Race to raise money for the Honiton and Axe Valley Children’s Centre.
As well as taking part in the race, being held at Escot Park on March 19 and 20, staff will donate their tips for the week to add to the funds they raise.
The Rock Solid Race is the South West’s largest obstacle course, with hundreds of teams enduring fatigue, mud, fear and more obstacles per kilometre than any other course in the country.
To help the team from Boston Tea Party prepare for their challenge, LED’s Honiton Leisure Centre has offered subsidised gym membership and a session with a personal trainer so they are ready for the big day.
Vikki Raymond, manager of Honiton and Axe Valley Children’s Centre, said: “We are very grateful to the staff of Boston Tea Party for their ongoing support, and their commitment to helping local children and their parents.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish them lots of luck, and are really looking forward to working with them again this summer to provide a new group for families”.
The children’s centre, which is managed by The Children’s Society, provides free activities, support and advice to local families with children under five years of age.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
The organisation will use the money made to resource a new song, rhyme and reading group for parents and children to enjoy this summer in the garden of Boston Tea Party.
The team from Boston Tea Party taking on the race are manager Dan Harris, assistant manager Becky Bachmann, Charlotte Taylor and Lilly Kemp-Taylor.
To sponsor the team’s Rock Solid Race challenge, visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/Bostonteaparty picnic