Cake sale raises valuable charity funds in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
A Honiton estate agents has raised more than £100 for charity by holding a popular cake stall.
Staff from Bradleys, in High Street, have totted up the total from their stall, held during the town’s Charter Day celebrations.
They will be giving the £119.97 raised to the branch’s chosen charity, the Exeter Deaf Academy.
Elizabeth Davis, branch manager, said: “We were really pleased with how successful the event was - it was only a few minutes after having set up that people were deciding which cake to choose.
“I’m really proud of the team for their efforts.”
You may also want to watch:
Liz also thanked helpers Erin Humphris and William Davis-Garay, as well as Chilcotts Auctioneers and Thyme Café for their contributions.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 10 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring