Call for mayor to consult or go
Why is the Seaton s mayor Sandra Semple being so dictatorial and arrogant in saying there will be no public consultation and the council s decision is final – over the relocation to Willoughby House?
Why is the Seaton's mayor Sandra Semple being so dictatorial and arrogant in saying there will be no public consultation and the council's decision is final - over the relocation to Willoughby House?
The �500,000, borrowed over 25 years, to be paid back at the rate of approximately �35,000 a year, could very easily fall on the ratepayers of Seaton.
Seaton Town Council may only rent the office at the Town Hall, but it also receives payment from East Devon Council for being an information point. This offsets the rent. Also, they are not charged for use of the council chamber and have use of the main hall on four occasions each year, free of charge.
Please start listening to the public, Mrs Semple. If you cannot see it is wrong not to consult with the electorate of Seaton, please resign from the council.
You may also want to watch:
J M Pigott
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 UK’s fastest hillclimb drivers heading to Honiton
- 3 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 4 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 7 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 8 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 9 The mystery of the meaning behind Honiton's town seal
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis