Call for mayor to consult or go
Why is the Seaton s mayor Sandra Semple being so dictatorial and arrogant in saying there will be no public consultation and the council s decision is final – over the relocation to Willoughby House?
Why is the Seaton's mayor Sandra Semple being so dictatorial and arrogant in saying there will be no public consultation and the council's decision is final - over the relocation to Willoughby House?
The �500,000, borrowed over 25 years, to be paid back at the rate of approximately �35,000 a year, could very easily fall on the ratepayers of Seaton.
Seaton Town Council may only rent the office at the Town Hall, but it also receives payment from East Devon Council for being an information point. This offsets the rent. Also, they are not charged for use of the council chamber and have use of the main hall on four occasions each year, free of charge.
Please start listening to the public, Mrs Semple. If you cannot see it is wrong not to consult with the electorate of Seaton, please resign from the council.
You may also want to watch:
J M Pigott
- 1 Talks to find future for historic farmhouse ravaged by fire
- 2 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 3 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 4 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
- 5 Jack's back with a fresh emphasis on community
- 6 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
- 7 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 8 Independent family store embraces future with retailing first
- 9 The importance of renewable energy
- 10 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event