Call for more police resources to combat antisocial behaviour in Axminster
- Credit: Archant
Town councillors in Axminster are calling for more late-night police patrols to combat antisocial behaviour.
Cllr Jeremy Walden told members at their meeting this week that there had been more trouble on the streets during the early hours over the past weekend – with a plate glass window being smashed in South Street
He said they needed officers to keep an eye on the town between 1am and 2am.
Currently the troublemakers felt they get away with ‘whatever’ because there was no police presence, he said.
Mayor Paul Hayward agreed to write, asking the police to provide more resources for the town.
You may also want to watch:
In the meantime, councillors were told there were 18 recorded crimes last month – the same as in November last year.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust