Call for participants for special sports event
A SPORTS day for people with learning disabilities will take place next Monday, September 21, at Exeter Arena. Activities include wheelchair races, throwing challenges, an obstacle course, and giant football.
A SPORTS day for people with learning disabilities will take place next Monday, September 21, at Exeter Arena.
Activities include wheelchair races, throwing challenges, an obstacle course, and giant football.
Councillor Stuart Barker, cabinet member for adult community services said: "This event is the first of its kind and is open to anyone with learning disabilities from across the South West.
"Participants are welcome to 'have a go' and take part in sports or activities that they might not have tried before. There will also be a viewing area for those who want to watch.
"This is a fantastic opportunity to take part in a variety of sports and activities in a professional setting. I am looking forward to this being the first of many sports days of its kind."
The event will run from 10am to 2pm at Exeter Arena and participants from across the South West have already signed up to take part.
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 3 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Biggest game in history looms for Beer Albion
- 6 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 7 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 8 The Queen;s Jubilee celebrations in Ottery and Phyllis Baxter
- 9 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 10 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
Anyone who is interested in coming along should contact Exeter Learning Disability Team on (01392) 208373.