Call for participants for special sports event
A SPORTS day for people with learning disabilities will take place next Monday, September 21, at Exeter Arena. Activities include wheelchair races, throwing challenges, an obstacle course, and giant football.
A SPORTS day for people with learning disabilities will take place next Monday, September 21, at Exeter Arena.
Activities include wheelchair races, throwing challenges, an obstacle course, and giant football.
Councillor Stuart Barker, cabinet member for adult community services said: "This event is the first of its kind and is open to anyone with learning disabilities from across the South West.
"Participants are welcome to 'have a go' and take part in sports or activities that they might not have tried before. There will also be a viewing area for those who want to watch.
You may also want to watch:
"This is a fantastic opportunity to take part in a variety of sports and activities in a professional setting. I am looking forward to this being the first of many sports days of its kind."
The event will run from 10am to 2pm at Exeter Arena and participants from across the South West have already signed up to take part.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 3 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 4 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 5 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 6 Cranbrook's minister praises town as she says goodbye
- 7 Adjusting to cricket's new points-average system
- 8 East Devon enterprises applaud council for rapid response to covid funds
- 9 Yarty Party is back with a line-up to lift spirits and entertain
- 10 Home care business receives prestigious national popularity award
Anyone who is interested in coming along should contact Exeter Learning Disability Team on (01392) 208373.