Call for participants for special sports event
A SPORTS day for people with learning disabilities will take place next Monday, September 21, at Exeter Arena. Activities include wheelchair races, throwing challenges, an obstacle course, and giant football.
A SPORTS day for people with learning disabilities will take place next Monday, September 21, at Exeter Arena.
Activities include wheelchair races, throwing challenges, an obstacle course, and giant football.
Councillor Stuart Barker, cabinet member for adult community services said: "This event is the first of its kind and is open to anyone with learning disabilities from across the South West.
"Participants are welcome to 'have a go' and take part in sports or activities that they might not have tried before. There will also be a viewing area for those who want to watch.
You may also want to watch:
"This is a fantastic opportunity to take part in a variety of sports and activities in a professional setting. I am looking forward to this being the first of many sports days of its kind."
The event will run from 10am to 2pm at Exeter Arena and participants from across the South West have already signed up to take part.
- 1 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 2 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 3 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 4 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
- 5 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
- 6 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 7 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 8 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 9 Clyst Valley park is part of Exmouth to Exmoor national trail vision
- 10 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
Anyone who is interested in coming along should contact Exeter Learning Disability Team on (01392) 208373.