Call for Tesco to sponsor clock repairs
Seaton’s historic Jubilee clock is a valuable and much-loved landmark, and its chimes used to be heard all over the town.
In these straightened times, it is unfortunate, but understandable, that public funds are not available to preserve its future.
Here is an excellent opportunity for Tesco to prove their public-spirited attitude to Seaton.
The cost of repairing and restoration is said to be in the region of �3,000 - �4,000 and is a reasonable sum to expend and surely quite within their marketing budget.
It could then be renamed the Seaton Tesco Jubilee Clock in recognition of its preservers and would stand as a permanent testament to Tesco’s generosity to the people of Seaton.
You may also want to watch:
Poplar Tree Drive
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters