Call for Tesco to sponsor clock repairs
Seaton’s historic Jubilee clock is a valuable and much-loved landmark, and its chimes used to be heard all over the town.
In these straightened times, it is unfortunate, but understandable, that public funds are not available to preserve its future.
Here is an excellent opportunity for Tesco to prove their public-spirited attitude to Seaton.
The cost of repairing and restoration is said to be in the region of �3,000 - �4,000 and is a reasonable sum to expend and surely quite within their marketing budget.
It could then be renamed the Seaton Tesco Jubilee Clock in recognition of its preservers and would stand as a permanent testament to Tesco’s generosity to the people of Seaton.
Poplar Tree Drive
- 1 New management team in place for the Honiton Hippos
- 2 Bestiality video found on jailed drug dealer's phone
- 3 'Graffiti vandals' target Honiton skate park
- 4 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 6 50 years since Ugandan Asians were resettled in Honiton
- 7 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 8 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 9 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
- 10 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought