Call for Tesco to sponsor clock repairs
Seaton’s historic Jubilee clock is a valuable and much-loved landmark, and its chimes used to be heard all over the town.
In these straightened times, it is unfortunate, but understandable, that public funds are not available to preserve its future.
Here is an excellent opportunity for Tesco to prove their public-spirited attitude to Seaton.
The cost of repairing and restoration is said to be in the region of �3,000 - �4,000 and is a reasonable sum to expend and surely quite within their marketing budget.
It could then be renamed the Seaton Tesco Jubilee Clock in recognition of its preservers and would stand as a permanent testament to Tesco’s generosity to the people of Seaton.
Poplar Tree Drive
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 The East Devon town being labelled a success despite the lack of a town centre
- 3 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 6 'Variant is a stark reminder pandemic isn't over'
- 7 Karate club members push their limits for charity
- 8 Where to see Santa's sleigh in Honiton
- 9 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 10 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route