Call for town council to ‘stop grumbling’
Regarding your article of July 6, ‘No case for village green complaint?’ Hasn’t Honiton Town Council grumbled on long enough about the registration of Littletown Green as a town green?
Its registration has, in fact, ensured that this important open space will be protected from development well into the future. The town council and its officials nevertheless continue to talk as if this is a loss rather than a gain for the town.
The unexpected bonus for the town has been that the Honiton Allotment Association has been spurred to do what the town council has been saying for many years can’t be done – found land that really is available for allotments. The town will therefore have the benefit of both a town green and allotments.
The town council is, however, still complaining that it was disadvantaged by the county council’s process of registering the green. As one of the applicants for the green, I was present at the county council’s meeting that decided the matter. The town’s deputy clerk and mayor represented the town at that meeting.
The county council’s video recording of the meeting very clearly shows the deputy town clerk agreeing that the town council had no objection to the county council going ahead and deciding the matter.
You may also want to watch:
A message to Honiton Town Council - time to stop grumbling, recognise good news when it arrives and look to the future.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery