Call to stop housing cheats, East Devon
EAST Devon District Council calling on residents to help support a nationwide campaign to stop housing cheats – and report culprits.
EAST Devon District Council calling on residents to help support a nationwide campaign to stop housing cheats - and report culprits.
Housing officers are working hard to track down housing cheats, who use up valuable housing spaces which deprive those in greater need.
Members of the public can help because they can see what is going on in their neighbourhoods and can call EDDC.
The three most common types of housing fraud are: unlawful subletting - when a tenant lets out their council home without the knowledge or permission of their landlord; obtaining housing y deception - when a person gets a council home by giving false information in their application, for example not telling the landlord they are renting another council property elsewhere; and wrongly claimed succession - when someone, who is not entitled, tries to take over the tenancy from someone who has died.
You may also want to watch:
Please contact EDDC:
> If you know that somebody has a home the landlord doesn't know about or has given false information in their housing application;
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Roy Hart from Honiton
- 2 Farmer who killed biker in crash gets his licence back
- 3 Tractor and trailer overturn on A30 blocking one lane - traffic queuing
- 4 East Devon child abuser Graeme Ellis jailed for eight years
- 5 Excitement grows as countdown to Charter Day begins
- 6 Covid case rise in Devon's young people prompts warning
- 7 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 8 Major accolade for driving school
- 9 Nick's cider adventure gets off to a golden start
- 10 We won't be truly safe until we have a global vaccine programme
> Or if you suspect someone because you have seen them collect rent from your neighbours;
> Or if you are suspicious because the tenants of a property keep changing.
You can contact the Council on 01395 517 494, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.